A range of Excelsior software products have been developed in partnership with PricewaterhouseCoopers
The versions of Excelsior are:
- CPA@Excelsior for local authorities in England;
- Excelsior Wales for local authorities in Wales;
- Excelsior Global for organisations in any country in the world;
- Excelsior Global Norge for organisations in Norway;
- Excelsior - the generic product.
The purpose of the Excelsior products:
- To provide a framework to support self-assessment and continuous improvement business planning in various types of organisation.
- To indicate the organisation’s position against the Excellence Models and key generic quality standards.
Excelsior products are used: by the Performance Improvement/ Quality Managers and senior management teams.
Excelsior was launched: as version 3.2 in 2001 with derivative versions as versions 3.3 in 2002. All products being upgraded to version 3.4 in 2003.
Excelsior's core framework:
- 135 quality statements, in Public Sector (and Corporate in Excelsior Global) terminology, that are drawn from the wording of the ‘Areas top Address’ in the EFQM Excellence Model plus additional wording to enable cross referencing to other quality standards.
- Workbooks to enable individuals to note, against the 135 quality statements, their perceptions of strengths, areas for improvement, supporting evidence and a score for each quality statement.
Excelsior's software features:
- Screens to record the consensus score for each quality statement with notes of the agreed strengths, areas for improvement and supporting evidence.
- Bar chart screens to show the position against the Excellence Models and other themes.
- The position against the criteria of the Investors in People, Charter Mark, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:1996 and OHSAS 18001:1999 quality standards.
- The position, as determined by self-evaluation, against the criterion of the EFQM Excellence Model.
- Improvement action points for each quality statement and an action plan feature that sorts the action points to create overall plans or plans for quality standards, responsibilities or specific projects;
- Many useful features to collate, manipulate and output the data stored as a result of self-assessment in Area and at Partnership level.
- A comprehensive User Guide (.pdf) and other help tools.
|Latest News: Watch the home page for the latest news on product development