To evaluate all the features in Excelsior Connexions download the software and print the user guide
Alternatively Open/ download an electonic flyer in .pdf format for general introduction purposes
Excelsior Connexions has been developed in partnership with PricewaterhouseCoopers and, initially, six Connexions Partnerships. All Partnerships in the User Group are provided, regularly, with the most recent version of the software.
The purpose of Excelsior Connexions:
- To provide a framework to support self-assessment, continuous improvement business planning and quarterly management of the Key Performance Indicators as set by the Department for Education and Employment using Balanced Scorecard techniques.
- To enable organisations to monitor the achievement of their key objectives on a monthly basis at Partnership, area and team basis.
- To facilitate involvement in self-assessing the practice and performance of parts of the organisation and/ or the Partnership as a whole.
- To provide strategic analysis support using S.W.O.T. principles.
- To provide substantial administration savings in the management of self-assessment, improvement management.
- To indicate the organisation’s position against the EFQM Excellence Model and key quality standards both generic and specific to the Connexions service.
Excelsior Connexions is used: by the Performance Improvement / Quality Managers and senior management teams in 27 of the 47 Connexions Partnerships.
Excelsior Connexions was launched: in mid 2003 as version 3.3 with 2 upgrades in 2003 to version 3.4 and 3.4.1, upgrades in 2004 to versions 3.5 and 3.5.1, upgrades in 2005 to versions 3.6, 3.6.1, 3.6.2 and 3.6.3 and upgrades in 2006 to versions 3.6.4, 3.6.5 and 3.6.6. All upgrade features are agreed with the Excelsior Connexions User Group.
Excelsior Connexions' core framework:
- 135 quality statements, in either Young People or Adult terminology, that are drawn from the wording of the Ofsted/ SCYPG Self Assessment Schedule, the Ofsted Inspection Framework for Youth Services, the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework (CIF) and the Ofsted Inspection Framework for Joint Area Reviews for Every Child Matters (ECM) plus additional quality statements to enable cross referencing to other quality standards and the EFQM Excellence Model.
- Workbooks to support self-assessment against the 135 quality statements, the key questions of the 4 Ofsted inspection frameworks or the assessment criteria of the 7 quality standards. Each workbook can be printed out, or used electronically, to note strengths, areas for improvement, supporting evidence and level of practice. There are 17 self-assessment workbooks
- The option of working to just the quality statements (between 75 and 95) that are directly related to the Ofsted quality frameworks or to the 135 quality statements.
Excelsior Connexions software features:
- Screens to record the consensus score for each quality statement with notes of strengths, areas for improvement and supporting evidence.
- Bar chart screens to show the position against the 7 questions of the Ofsted standards, the 8 outcomes of the ECM Joint Area Review plus other themes.
- Automated draft self-assessment reports against the Ofsted standards.
- The position against the criteria of the Investors in People, Hear by Right, Charter Mark, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:1996 and OHSAS 18001:1999 quality standards, each with an automated self-assessment report.
- The position against the criterion of the EFQM Excellence Model with an automated self-assessment report.
- 5 Improvement action points for each quality statement and an action plan feature that sorts the action points to create overall plans or plans for quality standards, responsibilities or specific projects.
- The Scorecard program as a customised, inclusive feature to manage key objectives with traffic light measurement, automated performance reports and a comparison feature.
- The S.W.O.T. feature to support strategic analysis using S.W.O.T. principles.
- Many useful features to collate, manipulate and output the data stored as a result of self-assessment in Area and at Partnership level.
- A comprehensive User Guide (.pdf) and other help tools.
The Excelsior Connexions' User Group:
All users of Excelsior Connexions are automatically a member of the Excelsior Connexions User Group which:
- meets regularly to discuss best practice in using Excelsior Connexions;
- identifies added value upgrade features to the software.
A proportion of the annual licence from all new members goes to the Upgrade Fund for the software. Any deficit in the Upgrade Fund is covered in equal share by all members of the User Group.
To enable experienced users of the software to train others who will use the software in their Partnership there is an IT Training Guide that can be downloaded in PDF format and printed out. This IT training pack can be used by individuals or as a framework to train others. In all cases those receiving training should complete the IT exercises on their computer.
|Latest News: Watch the home page for the latest news on product development